K-Hostel: Where to stay in Seoul

In most trips, I’d book a place to stay in ahead of time but with my busy work and school schedule, I didn’t have the chance to research for our Seoul accommodation. Major mistake to make especially when you’re from a third world country crossing to the first world. But on the week of our flight, I managed to sneak in a few minutes of research and found K-Hostel. Usually, I’d book rooms through Roomorama or Agoda but because most Korean hostels and guesthouses do not require payment in advance, I simply sent them a quick email and that’s it, room confirmed! K-Hostel’s Kim and Andrea both accommodated my queries very nicely.

We arrived in Seoul past midnight. It was freezing so we took the first cab we could spot. Mr. Cab Driver could hardly understand English so we gave him the map that Andrea had emailed me the night before. Cabs in Korea are equipped with GPS so it was easy to locate the street where K-hostel was on. 

Kim had been waiting for us. They usually close at midnight but since I’d mentioned in my email that we were arriving after midnight, he waited for us to be “home.” After registration, he gave us the key and the directions to our room. The room did not have windows. It was small but it was cozy. For KRW55,000, we had one twin bed and toilet and bath with hot shower, and a personal fridge all to ourselves. It wasn’t bad – plus, it came with a complimentary breakfast anyway.

The next morning when we woke up, we went straight to the kitchen and the pantry area for our unlimited coffee and bread, peanut butter, and jam. I was actually thinking of something a little heavier but I had no reason to complain. What mattered most was my brewed coffee. In the common area, we met fellow Filipino backpackers who were too excited to see us that they demanded we bring some food back to our room.

What I love most about K-Hostel is that it’s near the train station. Dongmyo station is just a 3-minute walk away. It’s also right in the heart of Seoul’s flea markets! And being the flea market shopper that I am, you sure know it was lurve to me.

K-Hostel is a great choice for travelers who are looking for an affordable but decent accommodation in Seoul that’s just a few minutes away from the train station.

Here's a map to K-Hostel from Dongmyo Station that Andrea sent me:



K-Hostel
Website: http://www.khostel.net
Email: hostel@khostel.net
Tel. Nos.
+82-70-8173-0997
+82-10-4167-0990
Address: 200-25, sungindong, Jongro-gu, Seoul, Korea

Comments