Sun down at Patar Beach, Bolinao


 I don't have properties or fat bank accounts; I invest in sunsets.

Ironic as it may seem, water is not my element; the shore is. Since that instance when I almost drowned, I've given up swimming in the open sea. And while I enjoyed hopping the hundred islands, I knew I'd be happier if I just sit down by the shore, under a tree, with a good book.



Happiest with a book and a tan.

Frisbee under the sun.

Good thing Patar, the long stretch of golden shore in Bolinao, is just an hour bus ride away from Alaminos. We were told that the best stretch is the public beach located right at the tip of Brgy. Patar but since we were there on a long weekend, the area was swarmed by locals so we decided to settle where most of the resorts were located, ours in front of Puerto Del Sol.

The sand is golden brown and grainy but at sunset, all the magic happens. I have to say that Patar hosts one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. It was a spectacular blending of oranges, pinks, and golds. You know those sunsets that make you want to give up your job and down a bottle of ice-cold beer right then and there. This is exactly what I felt.



My favorite beach ritual minus the beer in this photo.

Going to Patar from Manila
Depart from Cubao
Victory Liner 727-4534
Dagupan Bus 727 2330 / +63(2)825-2926 / +63(2)8252927 and +63(2)8252930

Depart from Pasay
Five Star Bus 833-4772 | 851-6659 | 851-6613 to 14

Depart from Alaminos 
Tricycles can take you to bus terminals with trips to Bolinao. There are also vans that you can rent right outside CSI.

Where we stayed in Patar
Puerto Del Sol - Read about my review here.

Comments