Boracay in September: When it rains, eat gelato

I love Boracay. It may get worse every visit but it will always be one of my happiest places on earth. It's second to my most-visited local destination every year, next to home. Maybe it's because I have only fun times here; and some time, somewhere on the island, I was having the great time - the great time that I could only dream of when I'm on my 8-5 office routine.

So last weekend, I went back with some friends. It wasn't the busy and sunny place I had left in March. It was raining. The crowd was thinner and night life sound was replaced by howling winds and crashing waves.


The rain was unpredictable. It came and left quickly chasing people back to shade.

Paraws lost to the strong winds.
And people stayed inside their rooms doing what they shouldn't do on a beach vacation!
But the next day, the sun showed up for a few hours. We rushed back to the shore and summer started again.

While I indulged in the happy smell of sunblock, everyone frolicked on the sand and swam. And took sunny, sunny photos!

 And did I mention, ate lots of gelato?

 Took out visors and sunnies and all the happy things that you only use often during summer.
 And spaced out into nowhere.

Rain or shine, the beach will always be my happy place. Happy rainy summer.

-------
*Stop construction activity in Boracay!

Comments