A Review: Crystal Beach Resort, Zambales

Say hello to Crystal Beach, Zambales!
The beach. Beer please!
The campsite; P350 if you're renting a tent and 150 if you're bringing your own
Hammocks and trees for shade are available for campers
It’s been a tradition to spend my birthday at the beach. This year, I just wanted to be at a nearby beach because I was saving money for an approaching big trip. Initially, I was looking at Laiya but since my birthday falls on Valentine’s Day, most resorts would have been booked. I also knew that Laiya may not be the right spot because I was particularly looking for a resort which had the vibe of The Circle Hostel – no frills, no lux, just chill and good sunset. I was imagining myself being on a hammock watching the sun set. Luckily, I stumbled upon Crystal Beach Resort in San Narciso, Zambales.

Abraham, our room, was basic but had a small veranda with a great view of the beach
View from our mini balcony

This has got to be my most favorite spot
Need I mention that sunset was pretty?
Crystal Beach rents out these cottages for day tours.
Beachfront fan rooms have tables for your picnics
Crystal Beach is a surfer's resort

Happy birthday to me! :)
I’ve heard about Crystal Beach from surfer friends in the past but it always had to take the backseat next to La Union and Baler. Good enough, I finally had the chance to check this resort out. I messaged them on Facebook and they were quick enough to give me a call for confirmation. I wasn't even required to pay ahead of time.

Rooms with aircon
For P2200, I got the Abraham cottage, a nipa hut on the second floor. It was small but came with the basics – beds, a TV, an aircon and a toilet with a supply of toiletries. However, it had a mini veranda which offered a sprawling view of the beach. It also came with free breakfast. I’d lie in my bed and I’d see them surfers riding the waves. Good deal.

Fan rooms
If you’re on a budget, Crystal Beach Resort also has a range of fan rooms to choose from with prices starting from P1200. Fan rooms were straightforward – you get a double deck, beddings and the privacy and security that you need. The toilets are common for fan rooms too but there are toilets almost everywhere so it shouldn’t much of a problem. To make the most out of your money, pick a beachfront fan room.

Campsite
Aside from fan rooms, Crystal Beach Resort also has a campsite. You can pitch a tent overnight for only P350 per person if you’re renting a tent; and P150 if you’re bringing your own. The Crystal Beach campsite is surrounded by shade, with an Anawangin feel. Toilets are also nearby for added convenience.

Where to eat
Crystal Beach also has a restaurant which opens from 7am until 9pm. And may I mention that they were playing Smashing Pumpkins? As mentioned, most rooms come with free breakfast.

Downsides?
Just keep in mind that Crystal Beach is a surfer’s resort more than a family beach and there are swells and breaks. If you’re interested to surf, instructors are also available. Hungry?  Folks who can't live without the Internet may feel a little disabled though because Globe 3G/LTE (not sure with Smart) is very poor. Good thing they have a wi-fi area in the reception.

I spent my birthday the way I’d imagined it to be. I loved how the resort is well-maintained. I even got my moment at a hammock watching the sunset! Crystal Beach Resort in Zambales is just a 3 ½ hours away from Manila so it’s the perfect weekend getaway especially this summer and very affordable too.

2014 Summer Siren
P.S.
Crystal Beach is also host to the 2014 Summer Siren on 4-6 April, where many awesome bands are expected to play.

Comments