Ode to the best pizza I've had -- in Milan


It is almost impossible to remember Milan and not think of the pizza that I ate on the night that we arrived. We were tired and it was drizzling but we headed to Brera anyway. Brera, they say, is the artistic and boho side of Milan. Its streets are lined up with quaint shops selling posters and there's lots of cozy bars – the ones with soft music where you can sit alfresco and people-watch.

I am not a big fan of pizza but I thought where else should I be eating pizza?! So I ordered one, its size at first I thought I could not finish, and a bottle of Sicilian wine. Even with wines, I’ll admit that I’m not a fan of Italy but  that night, we may have hit the jackpot because the pizza topped with figs went so well with the Nero D’Avola. I immediately made a mental note to visit Sicily next time!

The rest of Milan felt like its weather – subtle, gloomy but with little surprises of color.

Best Italian wine red that I have tasted so far!

Spent hours in one of the big universities studying students

Of course, apero at a rooftop bar with a great view of the Duomo.


Comments