6 Tips: How To Enjoy Sirocco

The fuss that is Sirocco. I knew I had to try Sirocco! Heck, I’ve been scrimping on food budget and eating on streets the whole time anyway. So for our last night in Bangkok, we decided to give it a blow and head to Sirocco. Thailand is known for its sky bars but there is one sky bar that’s been on the “must visit” list of tourists after Hangover 2 came out – Sirocco. Sirocco sits on the 63rd floor of The Dome at Lebua. It’s one of the highest sky bars in Bangkok and Asia.


When I was searching the Web for tips, one common thing came up – that menu price in this restaurant and bar is expensive. So, is it really worth the splurge? Who said you have to splurge in the first place? You don’t go to Sirocco to eat a full course meal. After all, the food reviews online are not as outstanding. You go to Sirocco for the experience and you can buy experience in one – just one – shot glass.(I paid BHT800 for a glass of chocolate margarita.)
This is what you'll find up there.
That's Aimee. We didn't bring a tripod so we had to place the camera on top of cocktail tables. Thus, the blurry pics. Booo.

One of the interesting tips I've searched online about Sirocco - "This is not for people who have vertigo." True enough. Riding all the way to the 64th floor (once on the 64th, you have to go down a flight of stairs from the 64th to the 63rd to reach Sirocco) can make you dizzy.

Here are my tips for Bangkok travellers who want to check out Sirocco.
1. (As mentioned) Do not eat a full course meal unless you’re willing to spend as much as BHT2500 for a meal. Buy a cocktail in exchange of “the Sirocco experience.” Cocktail prices range from BHT600 to BHT1500.

2. Wear pants. I’m telling you, it’s so windy up there. I thought I had to dress up for Sirocco so I ditched my backpacker jeans for a dress but I was wrong. I had to tie the end of my skirt to keep it from being blown away.

3. Bring a tripod. See? I don’t have a passable photo above the tower. Because it’s so windy, you have to bring a tripod if you want to take clear and steady pictures.

4. Don’t take a cab. If you’re a cheap-o like me, you’ll do everything to save up as much. You’re already splurging on your dinner or drink so forget the cab and the traffic and take the train instead.

5. No shorts and slippers. Sirocco does not allow customers weaeri shorts and slippers.

6. Visit Sirocco in time for sunset. If you want to get the best view of Bangkok, avoid the crowd, and take the best pictures, be there before the sun sets.

For more tips about Sirocco, click here.

Comments

  1. Hi ava.. thanks for sharing the tips. Nice entry post.. the bar have a juices (non alcoholic)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi candy. Thanks for dropping by. I could not remember if they serve non-alcoholic drinks. But Sirocco is a restaurant, I'm pretty certain that they serve juices too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment