Phoenix in Manila; and in the travel playlist


What can I say? Just thank you to Karpos Multimedia for bringing Phoenix to Manila! I intentionally didn’t buy tickets ahead of time because I was hoping to get an assignment to cover the event. It didn’t happen so I just had to BUY IT. I love Phoenix! I play their songs to make myself even more excited when I’m traveling or to wake me up when I’m down with the Monday blues at work. So it was an awesome experience to see them live. *Thomas Mars crowd surfed and I got so sentimental, no sentimental no.

And speaking of travel songs, what keeps you wanderfully-inspired while on the go? I choose to be not senti and just be happy when traveling and I make it a point to assign a song to every place I go. Years later, you play that song and it’ll remind you how you felt exactly during that particular trip.




Here are some of the mainstays and new-joiners in my happy travel playlist.

Rome; Consolation Prizes – Phoenix
Let’s Go Surfing; Down by the Water – The Drums
I Still Remember – Bloc Party
Kids – MGMT
Doin’ it Right – Daft Punk
1979 – Smashing Pumpkins
Valerie – The Zuttons
Last Nite – The Strokes
Intro – The XX
Bruises – Chairlift
One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Your Ex-Lover is Dead – Stars
It’s Thunder and it’s Lighting – We Were Promised Jetpacks
I Can See Clearly Now – Bob Marley
Just Like Heaven – The Cure
Float on – Modest Mouse
The Love Club – Lorde
Buddy Holly - Weezer
Girls Like You – The Naked and Famous

Comments