A Review: Crimson Hotel Alabang




Last weekend, I met with good friends and my cute inaanaks at Crimson Hotel in Alabang. When they bring the kids, we always make it a point to look for a kid-friendly venue. I’ve been searching for Manila hotels that kids would love but since it was the start of the Holy Week and most of the households left in the metro would probably flock into hotels for R&R, we decided to just settle for the first good deal that came. Luckily, I have a friend who gave me discount coupons for Crimson Alabang – P3,500 per night for two people including breakfast – not bad!

If you’ve been to Crimson in Mactan, don’t peg Crimson Alabang to look and feel the same. What they have in Mactan is a beach resort catering to vacationers but Crimson Alabang markets businessmen so the hotel is a bit straightforward and stiff.



The rooms

The rooms were the average size of any twin room except that the beds were smaller. It came with the usual complimentary stuff – toiletries and water bottles. It was clean and may I say – corporate? Personally, city hotels are not my kind of staycation and I probably wouldn’t book here but for those who live in the south, Crimson would pass for a comfortable weekend nook…

The pools




…and that’s because of the pool. The pool area has a zen feel with tall grasses (sorry I couldn’t tell whether they were natural or plastic) planted on the side to obstruct the view from the highway. I’d say it has the same vibe as the pool in Fairmont, Makati. It would’ve been the perfect zen pool if you couldn’t hear the buzzing vehicles.
There were two pools – one adult and one for the kids. The kids sure enjoyed swimming in the kiddie pool while the adults stayed at the bar and watched. There’s also a lifeguard on standby.


The food
I only tasted the food at the pool bar. It was okay but a bit pricey like how I expected it to be. There’s also a pastry area in Crimson Alabang which I was dying to try but didn’t have a chance to check it out because I was told that we couldn’t have it delivered by the pool area.

The plus
The plus, especially for those with little girls is the mermaid swimming lessons! Crimson in Alabang offers mermaid swimming lessons taught by coach Arabelle Jimenez. She's a certified Rescue Diver from the Philippine Mermaid Swimming Academy so your little girls are safe with her. She drops by Crimson's Deck Bar every Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.  Those interested may avail of the Magical Tail Room Package for P5,000 for a Deluxe Room including overnight accommodation, breakfast for two and 2-hour mermaid class lessons for 1 person



Overall
Overall, Crimson Hotel Alabang was okay, like how you’d expect business hotels to be. I wouldn’t book here for R&R because I’m a beach person and would probably just hit Batangas for a weekend escape but for those who simply want a new environment for the weekend or if you have kids who’ve been bugging you for a swimming pool treat, this hotel could just be the right choice for you.

Comments