Where to stay in Boracay: All rooms below P1500


Boracay is one of my most-frequented local locations. I usually come here at least twice a year. I’ve been here both with a big group and by myself. And contrary to what some may think, Boracay resorts aren’t always as expensive as you think they are. If you do your homework, you’ll be amazed at how cheap a decent beachfront room can cost!

In this post, I want to share with you my top three tried-and-tested Boracay accommodations.

La Fiesta Boracay, Station 1
https://www.facebook.com/lafiestaresort.boracay?fref=ts
Telephone: +639477656946, (036) 288 4234
Price range: P3500 for 4 pax; P875 per person


La Fiesta Boracay in Station 1 is by far my favorite. I’ve stayed here for four times and I always get the same service everytime. What I like most about La Fiesta is its beachfront location for a non-beachfront rate. The rooms are spacious enough and could fit as many as 5 people for as low as P3500 for a summer rate.

When you book, be specific that you want a beachfront room with a veranda. The number of beachfront rooms are limited and could be taken quickly especially during summer. I'd usually book as early as January for summer accommodation.  La Fiesta is not up on Agoda or any booking website. Reservations are done the old school way – you call, you deposit 50% payment and they send you the confirmation.

Good: Beachfront location! The veranda is also great for people watching.
Room for improvement: It can take days before they reply to my email or text so I suggest that you call them if you need an answer ASAP.

Ernest’s Place Boracay

https://www.facebook.com/ernestsplace.boracay?fref=ts
Telephone: (036)288-1965
Email: ernestplaceboracay@yahoo.com
Price range: P2200 per room for 4 pax; P550 per person


If you’re not too keen about staying on White Beach, Ernest Place Boracay may just be the right accommodation for you. Located approximately 50 meters away from D’Mall, Ernest Place has a neighborhood vibe but the rooms are very clean and nice too. It’s a relatively new establishment so you can expect better facilities compared to Tan’s Guesthouse or La Fiesta. Sari-sari stores and local eateries are also accessible for those who are on a budget.

Good:  Clean and nice rooms! Staffs are also very accommodating.
Downside: You’ll have to walk a little to and from White Beach.

Tan’s Guesthouse Boracay, Station 2
http://www.tghboracay.com/
Telephone:   63 36 288 6878, 09209202481, 09177234570
Email: tgh_bora@yahoo.com
Rates: P2500 to P8500; P1250 per person for the queen room
Photos taken from www.tghboracay.com website
    
I usually stay here when I’m alone because it’s located right where the action is – Station 2. It’s not beachfront but within White Beach and located just a few steps away from Island Souvenirs in D’Mall. Tan’s Guesthouse Boracay offers a range of rooms to fit every traveler – solo, couples and big groups. Check their site and you can score a family room good for 10 pax for P8,500 during peak season which can drop to as low as P6,500 when off peak.

Good:
When I stayed here, I was happy enough to have a comfy bed with nice-smelling sheets. My room also had a TV with cable, AC and breakfast. Location is also a very convenient.
Room for improvement: Wifi was available but only at the lobby.

Other resorts I’ve tried but do not necessarily recommend

Orchid’s at Station 3
The resort is a bit old and the last time I was here, there were a lot of mosquitoes. But if you’re on a budget and want an area that’s away from the crowd, check out Orchid’s. It’s not right on the beach but just about 30 steps away.

Boarding House Boracay
Look it up in Agoda and you’ll find it. While there are good reviews and some of it are true, it is not one of my top recommendations because I feel that there was a mismanagement of expectations (could be my fault). Yes it is cheap – imagine paying only P3500 for 8 pax! However, the room was small and not as tidy as the others that are in this list. It could make a great find for those who want to rough it up. While our stay wasn't completely positive, I’d like to recognize that Wolfgang, the owner, was very kind, apologetic and attentive.

Hope you find the Boracay accommodation that fits your budget! Enjoy beaching!

Comments