The Circle Hostel: A Review



I've been to Circle Hostel in Zambales a few times before and the reason why I'd choose it was because I felt too friendly and wanted to make new friends; and, value for money. Whenever I feel like traveling on my own (which happens quite often), these are the two things that I look for.

So when I got an invite to check out Circle Hostel in La Union, I said yes right away. The invitation came in as perfect timing as I was also starting (to try) to learn to surf again.





For those on a surf trip

I'd say it's the perfect place to stay for those who are just starting with surfing.
- Meet people who are fellow surf enthusiasts and  get tips from them
- Stoked, not broke. Surfing alone is an expensive hobby. During season when the waves start to pick up, you'd find yourself in a spot almost every weekend. You cannot not go but at the same time, you don't want to overspend. At Circle Hostel, for P350 a hammock or P450 for a bunk bed, you'd get stoked and not broke.



For solo travelers
- A sense of community. I've met a lot of people just by staying at Circle. You'd sleep in your private bunk but you'll have to go to the common area to charge, read, take a nap and of course, shots at night. You can meet interesting personalities including backpackers from around the world just by lounging at the common area.




Families and groups
Contrary to what most people think, Circle Hostel is also a good place to stay for big groups and even families. The newly-opened Circle Hostel in Baler now has private rooms with A/C.

Bonus

Pet-friendly. As long as you take care of your pets and clean after them, you can take your pets with you to Circle.

Free breakfast. You always start the day with hot pandesal, fruits and coffee. The even better part is that you get to share this with new people.


Also check out the new Circle Hostel in Baler!

Comments