365 Days of summer

Summer is a happy assault to the senses. Happy because it really does make every cell in my body and mind happy; and assault, because it can be one dangerous addiction.

One of the perks about living in this country is that every day can be summer. Every day can be a happy sunny day. And I comfort myself in the thought that even if rainy season arrives, all that I have to do is pop open my trusty Coppertone sunblock, sniff and then I’ll smell summer; and in an instant, be drifted into a place where the sunsets would delight my eye, grains of sand would slip through my fingers, and the crash of the waves would lullaby me through the night.



   My Panglao story here.
   My Hundred Islands story here.
    My Bolinao story here.


      My Oslob story here.

Summer is for the islands and the short yet much-needed disconnection from the outside world.

Summer is for long road trips and the amazing summer play list blasting in the stereo, every now and then prompting you to sing  “…and it makes me feel so fine I can’t control my brain” because subconsciously it really does make you feel fine that you can’t control your brain.

Summer is for the out-of-nowhere conversations spent over cold beers and beautiful sunsets with your best buddies in the world. At some point, you’d think that these conversations don’t make sense but you all laugh anyway because summer heat is the best chaser for any drink and it gives you the right to be shallow and funny and happy.

Summer is when you lie on your back and you see coconut trees! You gaze at the sky for hours and when you get bored, you start making images out of the clouds.



Where I’m at, summer really is forever. Happy to be here. Cheers to happy sunny beach thoughts three hundred and sixty five days a year!



This post is my entry to Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ Blog Carnival for May 2013, with the theme “Summer” hosted by Jona Branzuela Bering of Backpacking with a Book.

Comments